Phoenix Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What are you listening to?
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty11th December 2016, 1:10 am by Amano Saya

» Who are your favorite Japanese singers?
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty11th December 2016, 1:03 am by Amano Saya

» Birthday Wishes
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty17th February 2016, 2:18 am by WielderOfThorn

» Important News regarding the forum
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty21st January 2016, 5:16 pm by WielderOfThorn

» Happy Holidays!
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty23rd December 2015, 5:36 am by WielderOfThorn

» I do still like to play Pokemon lol
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty13th December 2015, 12:08 am by WickedSwitch

» Announcement regarding inactivity
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty12th December 2015, 10:23 pm by WickedSwitch

» i thought...
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty12th December 2015, 10:11 pm by WielderOfThorn

» Need something to do with the affiliates bar
Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty11th December 2015, 1:55 am by Kayako

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
None

Thinking of removing affiliates bar

2 posters

Go down

Should we unaffiliate with them?

Thinking of removing affiliates bar I_vote_lcap100%Thinking of removing affiliates bar I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
Thinking of removing affiliates bar I_vote_lcap0%Thinking of removing affiliates bar I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Thinking of removing affiliates bar I_vote_lcap0%Thinking of removing affiliates bar I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty Thinking of removing affiliates bar

Post by WielderOfThorn 1st December 2015, 8:46 pm

And unaffiliating with our last affiliate, Starstream.
We already lost Mythios since it was deleted, Gamezsplash since it appeared to have been hijacked and led to a virus site, and now I´m wondering about this one.
My reasoning is this
- I am no longer friends with the creator, I don´t interact with that forum and she no longer interacts with mine
- There is no legitimate activity there, last legitimate activity was January 21st, 2015
- A spammer has made it their home and no one has done anything, the spammer keeps logging in to post spam links on  Starstream (apparent from "latest topics"), and I don´t want my forum associated with an abandoned and spam filled one.
Thoughts?
~Torvid

Last edited by WielderOfThorn on 31st January 2016, 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Unglobal)
WielderOfThorn
WielderOfThorn
Forum King

https://ultrasouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty Re: Thinking of removing affiliates bar

Post by Amano Saya 1st December 2015, 10:45 pm

in terms of safety, I'd rather say "yes". but you shouldn't forget the fact that that's the opinion of someone who doesn't really know what's this all about... didn't even know we were affiliated... so, yeah >.>
Amano Saya
Amano Saya
Mod

Back to top Go down

Thinking of removing affiliates bar Empty Re: Thinking of removing affiliates bar

Post by WielderOfThorn 9th December 2015, 3:41 am

The general vote is "yes" from everyone I talked to about it.
The reason a lot don´t know is because it happened back in 2011.
Sadly all I am doing is removing their link from the site to prevent our users from going there, but they still have us on their forum page and I guess I will have to monitor for spambots joining.

If there´s ever legitimate activity on their forum again I will ask them to remove us from their affiliates.
WielderOfThorn
WielderOfThorn
Forum King

https://ultrasouls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down